YES! I want to support the Richmond Art Center by becoming a volunteer!
Thanks to our volunteers who generously donate their time, talents, energy and skills, we are able to host unique exhibitions, creative classes and community events. The Richmond Art Center would not exist without the help of amazing volunteers, like you!
What can I do as a volunteer?
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule including:
• Staffing our front desk
• Installing exhibitions
• Assisting with youth classes
• Organizing and working at special events
• Helping with administrative projects
• Keeping our facilities in ship shape
You can sign up for weekly or bi-weekly shifts or come in on a project-by-project basis. Weekday, weekend, and evening shifts are available, depending on projects and availability.
In addition to the warm and fuzzy feelings you’ll get from volunteering, we say thanks by letting you redeem your volunteer hours for the following benefits:
Discounts on Classes:
• 15 volunteer hours gets you 25% off of a class or workshop
• 25 volunteer hours gets you 50% off of a class or workshop
or Earn an Art Center membership (and a 10% discount on classes):
• 25 volunteer hours gets you an Artist Membership
• 30 volunteer hours gets you a Family Membership or a Patron Membership (with NARM benefits!)
• 40 volunteer hours gets you a Patron Family Membership (with NARM benefits!)
Plus, you can:
• Receive letters of recommendation (for those who qualify).
• Fulfill your school or court mandated community service requirement.
• Network with fellow volunteers and staff at orientations, programs and volunteer events.
• Build job skills in areas like marketing, development, administration, event planning, education and more!
Want to be a Volunteer?
Complete the online volunteer application below or download the PDF and help us make a match between your talents and interests and our current volunteer opportunities.
Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Ryan Race, at ryan[at]therac.org or call 510-620-6772.