YES! I want to support the Richmond Art Center by joining the Richmond Art Center League of Volunteers (LOV)!
We LOVE the 'LOV'!
Thanks to over 200 members of LOV who generously donate their time, talents, energy and skills, we are able to host unique exhibitions, creative classes and community events. The Richmond Art Center would not exist without the help of amazing volunteers, like you!
What can I do as a volunteer?
We have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule including:
• Staffing our front desk
• Installing exhibitions
• Assisting with youth classes
• Organizing and working at special events (including our Holiday Arts Festival!)
• Helping with administrative projects
• Keeping our facilities in ship shape
You can sign up for weekly or bi-weekly shifts or come in on a project-by-project basis. Weekday, weekend, and evening shifts are available, depending on projects and availability. Current volunteer opportunities are listed on the Richmond Art Center LOV google site.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
In addition to the warm and fuzzy feelings you’ll get from volunteering, we say thanks by offering the following benefits:
• Earn up to 50% off a class (after your first 10 volunteer hours). Every hour you volunteer = 2% discount, so if you volunteer for 20 hours you’ll get 40% off a class or workshop! Earn even more -- 5% off per hour -- when you volunteer for a cleaning shift.
• Redeem 25 hours of volunteering for a 1-year Individual Membershipto the Richmond Art Center (after your first 10 volunteer hours). This membership gets you 10% off of classes!
• Receive letters of recommendation (for those who qualify).
• Fulfill your school or court mandated community service requirement.
• Network with fellow volunteers and staff at orientations, events and quarterly volunteer brunches.
• Build job skills in areas like marketing, development, administration, event planning, education and more!
Want to be a Volunteer?
Complete the online volunteer application or download the PDF and mail or email it to the Richmond Art Center (we also have forms available at the front desk). This helps us make a match between your talents and interests and our current volunteer opportunities.
Want to learn more?
Visit the RAC LOV google site for up-to-date volunteer opportunities and news, stories & videos about our amazing volunteers!
Email our Volunteer Coordinator, Hannah Lennett, at hannah[at]therac.org or call 510-620-6780.